For the first letter I used just one piece of paper to cover the letter.
- Trace letter on the back side of paper. Then cut out the letter.
- Paint the sides and back of your letter.
- I used craft spray glue to stick the paper to the letter.
- Then I sanded the edges of the letter to make them smooth.
- Then I gave the front of the letter a couple coats of Mod Podge.
For the second letter I used several papers to create a fun pattern.
- Start by painting the sides and back of your letter.
- Cut paper into strips.
- Then using Mod Podge stick strips and torn pieces of paper onto the letter to create any pattern you like.
- Once the paper has dried completely flip over the letter and using a sharp knife cut off the excess paper.
- Then sand the edges.
- Finish by giving the front of the letter a couple coats of Mod Podge.
While in the middle of my project I came across a post on Organize and Decorate Everything on do something very similar for a light switch so Elaine's light switch got a makeover too.