Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful Challenge (Days 1,2, and 3)

I am taking the Thankful Challenge offered over at We are THAT Family. So I will be posting each day of November a reason why I am thankful. There are several reasons why I am setting this as a priority, but I will save you all the details and jump right in with my first three reasons to be thankful. 

Reason #1
I am a friend of God. Even when I am struggling to keep my head above water, He calls me friend. Even when I have been short with my children about doing their chores, as my chores sit unfinished...He calls me friend. Even when I am experiencing hurt and confusion in a relationship...He calls me friend. Even as I struggle to get a complete night's sleep...He calls me friend. I am a friend of God, and for that I am so very thankful.

I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master’s business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you. John 15:15

Reason #2

Bright Green Boots with Pink Scottie Dogs...ok really it is the little girl wearing them.


Isn't she beautiful? I love that she is independent and confident enough to rock these boots with her ballet attire. We got to class a few minutes early and I just couldn't help watching her as she laughed and giggled with the little girl in the car next to ours. She was so excited to see her friends. I kept thinking about when she would be old enough to ride up front with me, and have long girl talks.

I love those times with my own mom, which brings us to Reason #3.

Reason #3

My mom. She is an amazing person. I pray I can be as faithful and thoughtful as she is. I just got back from a girls trip with her. It was so much fun just talking and enjoying each others company. Thanks mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment