Sunday, August 16, 2009

Home Sweet Home, or is it?

Well we are finally living in our new house. Notice I said living, not settled. There is definitely a difference. We are glad to be here, and really it already feels like home. That is the funny thing about this house, I could see myself here the very first time I came to look at it. It just felt like home. Even though it needed new carpet, fresh paint, etc. It still felt like home. So I was happy to move my family into our new home this past Thursday, but it has not been an entirely smooth transition. Hubby working an extra night shift, children being extra needy, not sleeping well, unexpected costs...I could go on. So even though we are home, I have been constantly reminded we are not really Home. We won't be home this side of heaven. Jesus is preparing a place for us, and when it is time to move there we don't even have to pack.

In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. John 14:2-3


No comments:

Post a Comment