Thursday, September 2, 2010

A New Revelation


I am currently in Beth Moore's Here and Now...There and Then, which is a study on Revelation.  I just completed the 3rd session last night, and I was blown away.  I know that God is always present and at work, but I was very tuned in last night to what He had to say.  It was like session 3 had been crafted for this specific time in my life.  Last week was very rough for me.  I just had these general feeling that I was failing at...well everything.  Beth asks us to let Christ reveal more of himself to us each week, so I prayed God would show me how to succeed at this life He called me too.  Thinking He was trying to teach me something about the way I had been doing life.  I felt better as the week progressed, but not truly victorious.  Then I went to Bible Study last night.  One of the first things she pointed out was that God wants us to live as overcomers, but that the Enemy (Satan) wants us to live defeated.  I quickly realized that the generalized feeling of failure I had felt was not of the Spirit, but of the Enemy.  See the Spirit will convict specifically, while the Enemy uses generalities so we don't have an action plan.  Last night the Spirit spoke right to what had been holding me back, and instead of feeling defeated, I felt enlightened and ready to be an overcomer!  Hebrews 7:25 states speaking of Jesus:
Therefore he is able to save completely those who come to God through him, because he always lives to intercede for them.
Jesus is interceding for us...He lives to intercede for us.  While listening to the enemy left me wondering if I would ever succeed, conviction from the Spirit left me anticipating success.  I don't mean success in the world's sense of the word...lots of material things, fame, and power.  I mean overcoming sin patterns and living out the call of Christ on my life.  That is the type of victory that is truly fulfilling anyway.  I plan to share more specifically what I learned, not that I could ever put it all into words.  So come back tomorrow for more revelation.

No comments:

Post a Comment