Friday, December 9, 2011

Traveling with Children Tips

We just returned from a trip to see Gram and Poppy in El Paso, TX. We left Thanksgiving night and returned this past Wednesday. It was a great trip with some fun excursions, yummy food, and rest. Just what this momma needed. Today I wanted to share 3 things that made our trip go more smoothly.

Number 1
The Trunki...well 2 to be exact.
One in Purple
 
and one in Blue

These little rolling suitcases were great! The held a few of the big kids treasured items, a change of clothes, and a blanket. They come with a "leash" so L (5) and E (3) were able to pull them through the airport. They also rode them and pushed along with their feet. The Trunki fits perfectly in the overhead storage on the plane too. I was a little worried the novelty would wear off and I would be dragging these through the airport, but they were a hit! They come in lots of colors and you can get one here.

Number 2 
Dried Cranberries Snack Mix
I have always packed snacks for my children when we travel due to overpriced airport food and convenience. This time I really wanted to avoid artificial and high sugar snacks. So I put together dried cranberries and nuts. The kids (and parents) enjoyed it, and I didn't feel like it was a complete waste of calories...even if on the way home I threw in a little chocolate.

Number 3 
ebags

I was looking for a way to make the packing, living out of suitcases, repacking, and unpacking easier. So I got online and found ebags. They work just as described and made keeping all the kids clothes organized a breeze. The ebags even made my thankful list. Using these I fit all 3 kids clothes in one large suitcase for a 14 day trip. Also when we arrived at Gram and Poppy's I just put each child's ebag in a drawer and they could still help dress themselves each day like they do at home. Before if they tried to help, clothes were thrown everywhere as they dug through an overstuffed suitcase. I would love a second set to use for the adult clothes too.

So there you have it...3 travel helps for your upcoming Christmas Traveling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment