Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Bravery

I had a good talk with this little "big" guy about bravery.

As we were walking back to the house after checking to see if we had any raspberries growing yet, he took my hand.  Then he told me that he holds B'yane's (his nickname for his little sister) hand when she is scared.

"Like when she is scared of bugs or bears getting her."

 "I can do that because I am brave.  She is smaller then me."


This little one taught me about bravery too.  Soon after this picture was taken I saw the bird flap his wings and try to fly.  The momma bird was watching and coaching from a nearby tree.



She didn't interfere with her little one's first flight, but she was there to cheer him on.  I think that is one of the hardest parts of being a momma...not interfering with our little ones' flights.  Sometimes I want to try and micro manage each decision and behavior of my children, but I am reminded that God has a plan for each of their lives. 

He has set the path before them, and one day this little "big" guy will leave the nest.  I have to let him be brave now, so he can be brave then.  I know it sure takes bravery to follow the path God sets before me.

No comments:

Post a Comment