Monday, June 7, 2010

Bringing Up Girls

This little face












Is why I was so excited when I received this















for Mother's Day.

I am here to tell you that boys are very different than girls.  Therefore raising boys is very different than raising girls.  Our little princess is only 2, but I can tell we are in for lots of smiles and tears "bringing her up."  We have only read the first four chapters of the book, but I have already learned so much.  Did you know that little girls go through infantile puberty?  I did not.  

From the Inside Flap

You’ve got daughters? Then you’ve got questions.
Parents, teachers, and others involved in shaping the character of girls have a lot on their minds:

  • Are girls really fundamentally different from boys? If so, should they be treated differently?
  • Whoever said that girls are “sugar and spice and everything nice” never met my teenager. What can I do?
  • My adolescent daughter seems to be on an emotional roller coaster. One minute she’s giddy with excitement; the next she’s moody and withdrawn. Is this normal?
  • As a mom, I so badly want to be “best friends” with my daughter. Why isn’t it working out the way I dreamed?
  • How does a dad’s role in his daughter’s life influence her character and decisions—including her eventual choice of a husband?
  • How can grandparents contribute to raising a healthy granddaughter?
  • What’s the best way to educate girls?
  • How are girls affected when their parents divorce?
  • What should we be doing to shape the next generation of women?
I am telling you this is going to be a good read.  I will keep you posted after I finish too.  Have any of you read the book?  I would love to hear what you thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment