Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Teaching Tuesday: Learning from my Daughter

Last night I was awakened by Elaine screaming.  I guess it was actually very early morning around 2 am.  At first she just let out a scream, and then as I hurried up the stairs to her room she began calling for Daddy.  Daddy was at work.  When I got to her room, I picked her up and began to console her.  I asked her if she had a bad dream and she answered, "yes."  I said what happened and she said, "Daddy left me."  I reassured her that Daddy hadn't left her, he was at work.  I told her that her Daddy loved her too much just to leave her.  She soon calmed down and drifted back to sleep.  As I headed back to bed unable to fall asleep right away, I began to think about how much our Heavenly Father loves us.  Yet so many times we think He has forgotten, overlooked, or even left us.  Elaine reminded me in the middle of the night, that we are never alone.  God never leaves us. 
Elaine's dream also reminded me that Dads have such a huge role in their daughters' lives.  They are the first encounter little girls have with Fatherly love.  Dads must work hard to reflect our Heavenly Father to their daughters (and sons). 

The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged."  Deuteronomy 31:8

No comments:

Post a Comment