Friday, January 21, 2011

We're Organized Wednesdays...or Fridays

I wanted to get this simple project done in time to post Wednesday, and then Thursday, but alas it is now Friday.  So you are getting a two for one today.  First my simple organization and crafty project, and later a yummy recipe for Enchiladacotti.  If you are not sure what that is, you'll just have to come back and check it out.  Now on to my cute little tags.

It has been on my list since early December to really go through the childrens' toys that are kept in their rooms.  Most of their toys are in the basement, so they are sorted more frequently.  I knew there were lots of broken and outgrown toys stashed away upstairs.  I think it happens because most of my work gets done while the kids are asleep, therefore I avoid working in their rooms.  So a few weeks ago, my husband graciously offered to take the older two out for a morning of errands while I worked frantically in their rooms.  So the organization part has been done for a while, but I wanted to make these cute tags for the cubbies.

To make the tags I used my new Cricut I received as a complete surprise for Christmas!  It was a Black Friday special my step mom nabbed.  I had a small one, but now I have the big one.  I don't know much about it yet, but so far it has proven to be amazing. I am sure more crafty projects will come from this gift.  I first cut out the white tags.  Then cut out the ladybugs and frogs.  These cubbies are in Elaine's room that she will eventually share with Levi until he is old enough to share the loft bed arrangement with his older brother.  So I want to add some elements to the room that keep it from being all girl, hence the frogs.  After I did the organizing and cleaning out, one whole cubby was empty!  I attached a tag so it will be ready to label when we find something that needs a home.
I wanted to make the tags for a few reasons.  Now someone else can assist in cleaning up and know where things go.  They also help with early literacy as the kids see the word dishes and learn that is where the play dishes go.  Also I think they make the plain cubbies so cute, which is what makes organizing fun.






I'm linking to We're Organized Wednesday at Organize and Decorate Everything.

1 comment:

  1. I love your cute tags. Yay, for getting a new Cricut. I love mine too. Thanks for linking to We're Organized Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete