Saturday, January 29, 2011

What a Week


Last week seemed to fly by. I had several projects that I wanted to get done around the house while hubby was off, but I can't think of one that got completed. I didn't even find the time to post my normal Teaching Tuesday post. But one thing I did do, was read and spend lots of time with my family and friends. I had been wanting to read Mary Beth Chapman's book Choosing to SEE: A Journey of Struggle and Hope. A few weeks ago, I noticed it was on sale for the Kindle for $2.  So I bought it, and hoped I would get to read it soon. Then, my good friend, Shawna told me I had to read it and Kyle should read it too. So I set out to read it with him this week. We got through almost half together. We were laughing and crying from page to page.  I sent him back to night shift with instructions to finish it on the Kindle and I borrowed Shawna's copy. I finished it up Friday night. I couldn't put it down. I highly recommend it. It is not just about the tragedy that forever changed them as a family, but about the journey God has them and each of us on. It is a must read. So I didn't get a lot of house work done, but we took time to enjoy each other as a family and catch up with good friends. What better way to spend the week.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE SCC :) Thanks for the recommended reading....it's good to know it's a laugh and cry book. I was a little afraid it would be just a cry book!
    p.s. how are you doing? you haven't posted in a bit....of course--you DO have 3 kiddos!! :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete