Friday, December 4, 2009

Homemaker Moments: Saving Money at Christmas



We are back in Indiana...just in time for Homemaker Moments.  We spent the past week in El Paso, TX visiting my husbands family.  We actually saw our first snow fall of the season in the desert! 

I have several posts floating around in my head that I will be sharing over the coming week, but I wanted to share a few ways we are saving money this Christmas.
  • Shopping Amazon - Most all items are eligible for free shipping and are usually cheaper then a retail store.  Plus you can shop in your pj's after the kids are in bed.
  • Sewing Stockings and maybe a Tree Skirt- Homemaker Chronicles inspired me last year so I am hoping to follow through with my own.  I ordered my fabric from www.fabric.com at 50% off.
  • Adding homemade touches to store bought gifts - I am adding ribbon to an inexpensive apron I purchased for my Mom to give it a special touch.
I would also like to point you to a giveaway that could help you save on a gift.  Bake at 350 is hosting an awesome giveaway for a free apron from The Hip Hostess

Well, I need to get to work if we are going to have stockings on the mantle soon...they are still in pieces on my sewing table right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment