Wednesday, December 23, 2009

The Stockings are Hung...Finally


Notice I said "hung" and not "done".  There is still some finishing work (like the lining in the contrast material), but they are hung by the fire with care.  I think even Landon was beginning to worry we would have no stockings this year.  Remember way back here when I mentioned sewing stockings.  It actually began before that post, when I opened up my husband's grandmother's old singer sewing machine.  Then after giving myself a quick lesson from the manual, and drawing from my 4-H years, I began sewing stockings.  I actually have 6 almost finished.  I want to be prepared for either a girl or boy addition to the family.  The girls in the family have the fun red print and the boys have the festive green.  Even though I will not be posting any close up pictures, I a little proud to have stockings I crafted hanging by the fire.

It has been over a week since my last post as our house was hit hard by the flu bug.  The children are very stir crazy, but I want to be sure not to share any germs so close to Christmas (or anytime).  So we decided to get artsy.  They made some masterpieces to add to the gifts under the tree for our loved ones.  Here are some pictures of them at work.  It is amazing what toddler paints and glitter glue can do for the soul.




Have a Very Merry Christmas!


1 comment: