Monday, December 7, 2009

Sky High Blessings

As we were on our last flight of our trip home from El Paso (still having a 3 hour car ride ahead of us) I became overwhelmed with gratitude.  I was holding my daughter as she slept peacefully.  My son and husband seated behind us were enjoying each others' company, and I was fighting back tears.  I had spent at least a month wrestling with discontentment.  Do you ever do that?  It seems to be something that visits me every so often.  It's not that I hadn't been thankful for things, or that I had spent the whole month sad.  It's just I hadn't rested in God's provision, His timing, and all that goes with it.  But as I sat thousands of miles in the air I felt His peace surround me.  Now don't get me wrong I still have a few things I will continue to bring before the throne, but I am at peace whatever the outcome.  Wow...that is still a little hard to say or type.  Still I know that there is more freedom in handing over control to the One who knows me the best...better then I even know myself.  So as I enter into the Christmas Season I have a renewed since of peace.  What a great way to celebrate the birthday of my Savior.


For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.  Isaiah 9:6

No comments:

Post a Comment