Monday, January 25, 2010

I missed church but I got the message...

Last week I was not able to go to church as I was home caring for my niece and her very sick mommy.  My sister in law had driven 3 hours to our house on Thursday so we could all drive to a family wedding, but then became very ill.  We didn't make it to the wedding and instead spent the weekend praying health would return soon.  My niece didn't sleep well, and therefore neither did I.  By Sunday night I was exhausted, but a good friend encouraged me to get to small group.  Then my husband got in on it and insisted it was what I needed.  They were right.  I love my small group, and I always enjoy their company.  At group it was discussed that at church our pastor had talked about how God blesses us and in turn we can be a blessing to others.  It helped me see the past few days in a new light.  It had been a weekend of blessings.  I blessed my sis in law by caring for my niece while she was too sick to care for her and by caring for her as well.  My mom and grandma blessed me by taking my two kiddos so the house would be quiet and I wouldn't be so stretched.  My good friend Shawna made my family a big pot of soup and helped me get to small group (in more ways then one).  A teenage daughter of a family in our small group watched the kids so I could go to group.  I could go on...

So even though I didn't "hear" the message last Sunday at church, I think I got it.

No comments:

Post a Comment