Thursday, January 7, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Once again I have so many things to be thankful for today.

Here are just a few of them:
  • Snow - I know it causes some inconveniences, but it gave the kids and I a completely uninterrupted day, which without snow would have been interrupted. 
  • My new Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer - My husband and I had a stand mixer we bought with gift cards from our wedding.  It will be 10 years old in June.  It worked great for several years, but after our doggy chewed the cord it was never quite the same.  My husband repaired the cord, but for some reason it only had one speed...super sonic fast.  So when I tried to use it, flour would fly out all over the surrounding area.  This Christmas my mom surprised me with a new one.  Since Christmas I have already made a batch of my family's favorite muffins (Chunky Monkey), whole wheat chocolate chip cookies (for the freezer), a new muffin recipe, and later today I plan to make brownies from scratch.
  • A warm house - It may not be quite as warm as others, but I know there are many that are not as warm as mine.
  • Toys - Yes, even though I spend a lot of time reminding my children to pick them, share them, or treat them nice, I am still thankful they have them to play with especially on a day like today.
  • God's Word - As I am reading the Bible chronologically this year, I have already been reminded how intricate scripture is and how it is woven together so perfectly.  It is truly amazing.
Now it is your turn, what are you thankful for?

Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done.  1 Chronicles 16:8

No comments:

Post a Comment