Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Teaching Tuesday: Time with Your Spouse

I know I am a day late again...My husband and I just returned from our 10th anniversary trip.  Our actual anniversary is June 3, but this was the best time for us to get away.  We took a trip to Gatlinburg, Tennessee.  My husband planned it all, as planning can be something that causes me stress instead of relaxation.  It was great.  The children stayed with Grandma and Grandpa, and we had 6 nights on our own.  I will post some pictures of the trip tomorrow, but today I wanted to highlight something I learned while on the trip.  We were able to enjoy lots of uninterrupted conversation.  Uninterrupted by kids, phone calls, life, etc.  I was reminded how important true listening can be.  Not just listening to the answers of questions we ask, but listening to whatever it is our spouse wants to tell us.  It is easy to just have conversations about the immediate and not really know what is on the heart of our spouse.  On our trip I learned some new goals Kyle has, and we set some together for our family.  It was a great trip and served as a good reminder for us to take time out to truly listen to each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment