Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Pipe Cleaners and Yarn


If I am working on anything crafty and my older two children are awake they are quick to "help" me.  So I am usually looking for something they can create with too.  While I was working on the decorations for Levi's Dedication Party, I had two helpers.  I gave them free reign with a bag of neon pipe cleaners and yarn.  I am not exaggerating when I say they played for 30 - 45 minutes.  I was only asked to assist when a piece of yarn needed trimming, or to view a finished creation.  Sometimes we over think what kids need to be creative.  This was so much fun for them and it was not messy.  No glue, paint, or play dough was even involved.  So zero preparation and very little clean up, allowed for lots of creative play.  That works for me!  Here are a few of their creations.

No comments:

Post a Comment