Wednesday, August 3, 2011

3 Months

Well it is a little over three months since the flood and my last blog post. I have missed blogging about our lives. I have several events I want to post about before I jump into some kind of routine for the blog again. I miss having a record of what happens in our day to day. For now I want to make sure I remember how God has blessed us during our "crisis". I know having a flooded basement is small compared to so much of life's hardships but it really has turned our lives a little upside down. We did most of our day to day living down there.

Here is what the basement looked like when we moved into our house.


Here it is after all the work we had done since moving...I guess since we spent so much time down here I never took an all together picture of how it turned out! So this will have to do.

Please look past the super hero pirates to see the freshly painted walls and new carpet.
You can see pictures of the finished office/learning room here.


Here it is during the "flood".

This is a picture of all our basement stuff moved up into our first floor.

Here is a peek at it now.


As you can tell we still have a long way to go, but I want to count the many blessings we have experienced. The outpouring of love as our friends became the hands and feet of Jesus and helped us move all our belongings to dry ground, deconstruct the basement, and then help with reconstruction. Amidst their own very full lives. We were also blessed to have a dry house to move belongings to, and we had belongings to move.

Well I will keep you updated on the basement progress, but in the mean time I have two birthdays, updates from the super smiley 10 month old, and preparations for the upcoming school year to share.  So make sure you check back.

What have you been up to?

1 comment:

  1. how did i miss this post? check back, i will! wow, what a project......so glad you've got friends who are spreading the love of Jesus on you guys <3

    ReplyDelete