Sunday, August 21, 2011

A SUPER 5th Birthday

Lightning Landon here to save this party!
In June our oldest, Landon, turned 5. He had been planning his party for a complete year. No kidding here, he loves to socialize and had been planning out the perfect party. His theme changed several times, but he finally landed on Super Heroes. Which was just right for him. He is always in costume as some character and telling me what kind of powers he has. We have always tried to steer away from so much of the newer superhero stuff that has come out and stuck to the classics. So when I saw this party. I knew I had found the perfect inspiration. Here are the pics from our rendition.

We loved the cake from Piece of Cake bakery.



Here is Landon with his fellow supers.

Helping Landon keep his secret identity, secret.

He was excited to be old enough for a "real" remote control car.



Jumping over buildings in a single bound.

Getting ready to play pass the kryptonite (a green glow stick).
Landon,
Mommy can hardly believe you are 5 years old. We feel so blessed that God chose us to parent you. You live life to the fullest. From the moment your eyes open in the morning to when they finally close at night, you make the most of the time you are given. You have reached an age that sometimes when I look at you I see a teenager begging for the car keys, but then I blink and I remember you toddling around looking for something to climb. God has given you the courage to stand up for what you believe is right. When you heard a song talk about friends telling you the Truth is a lie, you said, "Those aren't good friends." I pray you keep those convictions as you navigate through the years ahead of you. You are teaching me to believe the impossible, learn something new everyday, and love others with your whole life. Daddy and I always prayed you would follow God passionately, and I think He has given you the courage to do just that.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment