Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Finding Refuge

So we are still in the process of trying to get a closing date for our current house and in turn our future home. It seems to me that some of this stuff would work out better if both parties would sit down in the same room and talk it out. Actually face to face. I know it could be more awkward, but then I would get to skip the part where we wait, wait, wait, feeling like my future is in the hands of people I have never met. Then I remember my future is not in their hands, but rather in the hands of someone that I have not only met, but who knows me better then I know myself. The waiting is still very hard for me. I enjoy making my home a place of refuge for my family and these past months of living in "showing" mode has left me a little frazzled. I'm ready to reclaim a house and make it our home. Invite friends over, do crafts with the kids, and scrapbook...all without the fear I will have to frantically clean up to be ready for a showing. So I have been reminding myself of what the following scripture tells us:

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. Psalm 18:30

So even though this planner has to put some of her plans on hold, God is still working out his plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment