Monday, October 12, 2009

Jude

Yes I am talking about the book of Jude in the Bible. It is the one right before Revelation. I first must admit that I had not taken much time to read the book of Jude, let alone study it. Some of you may be thinking, well it is only one chapter, a mere 25 verses, how much could you have been missing? Well I am wrapping up my first Precept class which happens to be on Jude. And I had been missing a lot. Those 25 verses are packed. I am not surprised by this since anytime I take a good look at scripture so much unfolds. Jude is a warning, a battle cry, for the believers. He warns about false teaching that has crept in amongst them. Believers have to be watchful for this, and the only way to know if something is false is to know the Truth. So we have to study God's Word. Take some time and read Jude. I think you will be surprised by how much you learn. Then you will be even more equipped to "contend for the faith".

Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the salvation we share, I felt I had to write and urge you to contend for the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints. Jude 1:3


No comments:

Post a Comment