I decided I would tackle three binders, as part of this week's challenge over at Bowl Full of Lemons. I missed week 1 due to computer monitor issues, so this seemed like a great time to play a little catch up. The first two binders I had, but they needed an overhaul and the last one had been a dream of mine for some time.
1. Home Management
This one keeps all the odds and ends I need to keep track of organized. I use the binder and my Palm Pre smartphone to keep things in order. I use my phone for my daily task list, shopping list, calendar, and contacts so you won't find those sections in my binder. Also my hubby keeps track of our budget and bill paying so I didn't really need a section for finances. Here are my dividers:
- Meal Planning
- Schedules - like for lessons, library, etc
- Cleaning - schedule for weekly and deep cleaning (I am trying to use a rotating schedule because I never have time to clean everything at once anymore)
- Medical - List of doctors, their phone numbers, and prescription information for each family member
- Blogging - a place for my ideas
- Projects - place to keep notes on things that come and go like birthday parties
- Small Group - my husband and I lead our small group and now I have a place to keep that information all together
2. Home Schooling
This one keeps my lesson plans, school calendar, records, and curriculum ideas all in one place.
The dividers for this one:
- Daily Lesson Plans
- Monthly Dividers - I use these to file ideas I want to use for each month. This way I have a place to put ideas/projects I come across, and then when I sit down to plan I have them with me.
- Reference - this is for co-op information, library schedules, or curriculum lists I may need.
This binder I just put together for the challenge. It had been a binder with recipes stuck inside loose, waiting till I got the chance to put it together. This one is divided like so:
- Favorites - These are recipes I use a lot either because they are tasty, easy, or inexpensive. Some actually fit all three categories.
- Freezer - These are recipes I know freeze well. I like to have at least one or two things in the freezer when things just don't go as planned.
- Company - These are recipes we have deemed worthy of company. They are usually not only tasty, but have good presentation as well.
So there you have my 3 Binders. I am so glad to have these are re-organized and complete. If you decided to make your own, be sure to tailor them to fit you and your family. For more great ideas on using binders to organize your recipes check here. For general home management binders check out the links here.