Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Fishy Game



I am always on the look out for fun games for my kids to play. Especially ones that might keep them engaged long enough for me to make lunch, dust off some furniture, vacuum a room, or make a phone call. I came across one last week that was great, so I thought I would share it.

  1. Cut out fish of different colors (we used red, blue, yellow, green, and orange).
  2. Then make a "boat". You can cut the top off an envelope or just make one by folding paper and cutting the top in an arc. If you use folded paper make sure to tape up the sides so the fish don't fall out.
  3. Then lay out the fish and talk about the color of each one. We also counted them. Then have the child put the fish in the boat as you talk about the color.
This game works on colors as well as hand eye coordination as they have to pick up the fish, open the boat, and drop the fish in. To engage Landon I took it a step further. He would close his eyes and I would put a fish in the boat. Then he would have to decide which fish was in the boat. He loved this! He felt like a detective. This was great for his problem solving skills. I hope you have fun playing too.

No comments:

Post a Comment