Thursday, November 12, 2009

Thankful Thursday




I often like to post a list of things I am thankful for on Thursdays, but this Thursday I have decided to show you a project I did with the kids to introduce the upcoming holiday.  It is a Thankful tree.  I first used the die cut machine at the library to cut out leaf shapes in fall colors.  I then asked Landon what he was thankful for and we wrote those on the leaves.  Then I helped both Elaine and Landon make hand prints in fall colors on green paper.  Then I cut out each hand.  I used a piece of brown paper for the trunk and then placed the "leaves" to create the tree with a few falling to the ground.  I was pleased with how it turned out.  Now we have a little reminder to be thankful.


We are also learning:


Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.
Psalm 107:1

No comments:

Post a Comment