Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Tender Heart

My lion has a tender heart.  

I usually err on the minimal side of vaccinations so we don't as a rule get flu shots, but this year we are traveling to the in-laws who live in El Paso, TX.  Not only will we basically be in Mexico; we will also be in airports and in airplanes breathing in everyone's air.  So we decided to err on the side of caution and get our shots.  Since Elaine had never had a flu shot and was on the younger side of things she got hers in two doses.  Yesterday it was time for her second dose, so I loaded up the kids and headed to the Dr.  Before we even arrived Landon was telling me that Elaine didn't want a shot.  I was trying to explain why Momma and Daddy had decided she should get one, and I told him he needed to be brave for her.  He said, "I don't want her to be sad."  Once at the Dr. he asked if he could stay in the hall, and I told him that would be fine.  So as Elaine received her shot he called from the hallway, "It will be ok...it will be real fast...be brave!"  As soon as it was over he rushed in, gave her a hug, and told her he was proud of her.  

I need moments like that to help me through mornings like I had today.




No comments:

Post a Comment